New finance director appointed at mental health trust
- Credit: NSFT
A finance professional with more than 20 years' experience in both the public and private sector has been appointed as Interim Director of Finance with Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust (NSFT).
Daryl Chapman took up his post on Monday (October 9) after spending the last 16 months working as finance lead for the Norfolk and Waveney Sustainability and Transformation Plan.
His appointment comes after previous director of finance Julie Cave became chief executive following Michael Scott's retirement at the end of September.
Mr Chapman has held finance director roles with a variety of private sector companies since qualifying, and also spent a year working and travelling in New Zealand.
He is already familiar with NSFT, having previously held the position of deputy director of finance at the trust around four years ago.
You may also want to watch:
'I know the trust well and have worked with many of the people, and think the care which the staff deliver is brilliant,' said Mr Chapman.
'We are all affected by mental health and know someone who has suffered with depression or other mental health conditions, and it is really nice to come back and be reminded of the great work staff are doing with service users.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 9 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 10 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
'My priorities will be to keep the trust on an even keel and in a healthy financial position.
'Julie has done a fantastic job of turning the finances around, and I will continue to work with the strong team we have here to make sure we stay on target to deliver our plan for this financial year.
'A big part of my role will also focus on planning for the coming year so that we can continue to respond to financial challenges and meet our responsibility to balance our budget.
'I am really looking forward to my new role and hope that I can have a positive impact on the trust while bringing a fresh pair of eyes to the boardroom.'