New dementia cafe opens in Norwich
A second Age UK Norfolk Pabulum dementia café has been opened in the Norwich area.
The café, at the Hammerton Court dementia care unit in Bowthorpe Road, follows similar initiatives in Costessey, Diss and Horstead.
The Pabulum Cafe opens will run on the third Wednesday of every month from 10.30am to 12.30pm.
The café offers people the chance to drop in and stay for as long as they wish.
A hairdresser is also available, providing an opportunity for carers attending the café to have their hair cut without having to arrange care cover.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the café, call 01603 785241 or see www.ageuknorfolk.org.uk
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 5 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 6 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 7 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 8 City confirm midfielder exit
- 9 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 10 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children