New communications and computer courses for Norwich stroke survivors
A new course of communication support for stroke survivors in and around Norwich will start next week.
The sessions, which start on September 11, are being run by the Stroke Association to help stroke survivors learn various ways to communicate following a stroke.
The groups give people a chance to meet other stroke survivors and following the success of the communications group, the charity realised that many people wanted to develop some basic computer skills so they can keep in touch family and friends at home and abroad, so it also runs a computer training group with Sprowston library.
Elaine Jenkins, communications support co-ordinator, said: 'At the group sessions we work with the stroke survivors to help them find ways to communicate and build their confidence in their ability. The course is 12 weeks and by the end we see some remarkable differences in the people who attend.'
She added: 'Everyone who has taken part in the computer group has thoroughly enjoyed it. It is helping them in a number of ways; they are not only learning IT skills, it also helps with communication generally, getting them out and becoming more independent and confident in daily life.'
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about the communications or computer support group, contact Elaine on 01603 667639 or email elaine.Jenkins@stroke.org.uk
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 3 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 4 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 5 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 6 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 7 Commuter trains halted as Norwich to London line blocked
- 8 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 9 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 10 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend