New Aylsham group to help with eating problems
A new support group to help overeaters is being set up at Aylsham.
The Norfolk Eating Disorders Association runs the Eating Matters sessions.
It has 11 successful groups in Norwich, is expanding to the town on June 12.
The group seeks to explore the underlying issues which can underpin people's eating problems.
A spokesman said: 'We are aware that many people struggle with stress and can turn to food as a means of coping with difficult emotions, and either overeat or binge eat.
You may also want to watch:
'They have often turned to diet clubs previously, lost weight and then regained it within three years, without the underlying issues having been addressed.'
The Aylsham sessions will be held at the Jubilee Family Centre on Norwich Road. Other new groups are being launched in Norwich too.
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 7 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 10 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
To find out more call 01603 767062 on a Wednesday or email email@example.com. Visit www.eatingmatters.org.uk