Mums to hold breastfeeding protest after verbal abuse in Norwich park
- Credit: Google Streetview
Norwich Breastfeeding Beyond One are organising a protest after they say two mothers were verbally abused while breastfeeding their children at Pilling Park in the city.
Now the campaign group is planning to hold a 'latch-on' in Pilling Park tomorrow at noon to raise awareness, although they have been advised to get agreement for the event from Norwich City Council.
Norwich police said they were aware of an incident of harassment at Pilling Park on Friday April 10 which occurred at around 5pm.
According to the breastfeeding group, the women were 'verbally abused' and prevented from leaving the park. They were said to be shocked and scared by the abuse suffered.
Police said enquiries were continuing.
You may also want to watch:
'We're aware of the Lunch and Latch Protest event taking place in Pilling Park on Sunday. The event organisers have informed police the event is taking place and officers have offered advice in order that the organisers comply with the public order act,' a police spokesman said.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 5 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 6 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 7 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 8 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 9 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 10 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos