Norfolk Brewery launches new beer to get men talking
- Credit: Archant
A North Norfolk Brewery has lanuched a new beer to raise awareness over testicular cancer
A Norfolk brewery has launched a new beer that it hopes will encourage young men to talk about cancer.
Moon Gazer ales, in Hindringham, has created a unique beer each January since 2015 in support of Norwich-based cancer charity It's On The Ball, which raises awareness of testicular cancer.
The Norfolk-wide campaign is being supported by Cillian Nugent, a Norfolk man who had the disease twice in his 20s. Days ago he was given the all clear following his treatment.
Mr Nugent said: "When they called me up and asked if I could join the campaign I didn't think twice - after all, we are trying to do such a simple thing - get blokes chatting."
You may also want to watch:
The campaign is supported across Norfolk's pub community - and this year will be the biggest campaign yet with over 125 pubs serving the beer called Tobi's Tipple Fred's Check. It will be available in pubs throughout January 2020.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 4 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 5 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 6 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 7 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 8 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 9 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 10 Queuing for petrol - a tale as old as time