Mobile cancer support unit set to stop off in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A cancer charity's mobile support service will be calling into Norwich next week.
A team of information and support specialists from Macmillan Cancer Support will be stopping off in the city on Friday, June 27 in Haymarket between 10am and 4pm.
The mobile service offers free, confidential, advice and support to anyone with a concern or a question relating to cancer.
The team will be raising awareness of Carers Week, a UK-wide awareness campaign supported by Macmillan which aims to improve the lives of carers and the people they care for.
Cathryn Gort, a Macmillan information and support specialist on the unit, said: 'We understand how looking after someone with cancer can take over your life and become very overwhelming. We know that without the right support, providing this care can have a big impact – physically, emotionally and financially.'
You may also want to watch:
'From free information booklets to details of Macmillan services self-help and support groups in your community, we will be helping to support anyone affected by cancer with any questions they may have to help make sure no one faces cancer alone.'
The charity's five mobile information units travel around the UK and helped around 60,000 people in over 500 locations last year.
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 4 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 5 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 6 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 7 Nine ways to make your fuel last and avoid joining petrol station queues
- 8 Dad who threw daughter into cot cleared of murder
- 9 Why are there queues for petrol - and do you really need to fill up?
- 10 Norfolk Broads' village in £150,000 bid to buy land at auction
The mobile unit and team of cancer information specialists will also be stationed at the Royal Norfolk Show on Wednesday and Thursday next week.
If you cannot visit the unit when it comes to Norwich, visit www.macmillan.org.uk or call Macmillan free on 0808 808 0000.