Larry Sanders among speakers at protest against NHS cuts in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A protest will be held in Norwich today against perceived cuts made to the local NHS.
The list of speakers at the event include Larry Sanders, the brother of US senator Bernie Sanders, and Clive Lewis, the MP for Norwich South.
Mr Sanders, 81, who stood in the Witney by-election following David Cameron's resignation, is the Green Party's health spokesman.
Senior members of unions Unite and Unison will also hold speeches.
Other speeches from local councillors will also be made during the protest, and participants will march through the city centre from noon.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be live music.
The protest starts at 11am in the area outside St Peter Mancroft Church, ending at around 1.30pm.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 3 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 4 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 5 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 6 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 7 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening
- 8 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on Cherries ace
- 10 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
The event is organised by the NHS Norfolk Action Group.