Landline disconnected at the Willows Pharmacy in Aylsham
- Credit: Archant
Fears have been voiced that some of Aylsham's most vulnerable residents could miss out on vital medication or information after their pharmacy's phone line was cut off.
Teclino Afewerki, pharmacist at the Willows Pharmacy in Frazers Yard, has been unable to receive phone calls from his customers since the morning of
Thursday, March 30.
It also means that customers have been unable to communicate with the pharmacy for any vital information about their medication.
Mr Afewerki said: 'We have been in communication with BT and TalkTalk to resolve phone line issue since November 2016.
You may also want to watch:
'We couldn't do any card transactions and we have been using personal mobile phones to reach out to our patients and customers.
'Last month we served over 3000 customers, so we are really concerned that we cannot communicate by phone with them, and they cannot contact us.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 3 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 4 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 5 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 6 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 7 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 8 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 9 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 10 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
'We have many elderly customers and they cannot get in touch if they need medication urgently delivered, if there is any change of medication and if they simply need more information.
'We apologise that our customers have been compromised in this way.'
The temporary number for customers to call the pharmacy is 07749944479.
They are urging both TalkTalk and BT to rectify the issue promptly.