King’s Lynn hospital reaches Wheely Big Appeal target
- Credit: Queen Elizabeth Hospital
A Norfolk hospital will be rolling out 30 new wheelchairs after smashing their appeal target in under six months.
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn has surpassed their target of £24,000 for their Wheely Big Appeal, reaching £25,777.
This will go towards buying 30 new indoor blue wheelchairs to replace old equipment needed to transport patients around the hospital.
Chief executive Jon Green said: 'We are truly grateful to our community for getting behind the appeal.
'Providing these wheelchairs will enhance our patients' care and experience. The local population's generosity has been fantastic and it means that our patients have an improved journey throughout the hospital.'
You may also want to watch:
Each new wheelchair, which features a pole for an IV bag, calf/leg supports and an ultra-sturdy footrest, costs £800.
Laurence Morlaàs, the Trust's fundraising executive, said: 'I wish to say a massive thank you and express my gratitude to the people of West Norfolk who are incredibly generous. Also, thanks are due to KL.FM for joining forces with us.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 5 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 8 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 9 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
- 10 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences
'My heartfelt thanks go to all the donors, fundraisers, businesses and organisations who have supported our Wheely Big Appeal.'