Supercars upgrade Santa’s sleigh for children’s ward visit
- Credit: Ian Thompson
Santa's sleigh received a supercar upgrade this Christmas for youngsters facing a hospital stay over the festive season.
A convoy of supercars delivered more than 100 gifts to the Gorleston-based James Paget Hospital's children's ward on Sunday.
Organised by Lowestoft-based tyre fitters Treadz and Waltons Garage, the convoy included Lamborghinis and Maseratis, among others.
Ian Thompson, Treadz director, said: "A lot of people came together and we headed over to the hospital in convoy.
"The hospital had arranged a space for us to park just outside the ward so the children could come out and they loved the cars.
You may also want to watch:
"There were some who were bedbound so we took a lot of presents onto the ward to hand out.
"The amount that our customers had donated was brilliant.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 4 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 6 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 7 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 8 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 9 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 10 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner
"The hospital were amazed with how many gifts we'd collected and said they'd go a long way within the ward in the next couple of days."