Nurse-led service at hospital gears up for busy summer
- Credit: Archant
As the temperatures rise and school holidays begin, north Norfolk's beaches and tourist attractions are set to welcome thousands of holidaymakers this summer.
With an increase in visitors to the region, the team at Cromer Hospital's Minor Injuries Unit is gearing up for one of their busiest times of the year.
Daily attendances to the unit in Mill Road can double compared to the winter months with patients attending with a variety of injuries.
Emergency nurse practitioner Guy Fiske said: "It can get very busy here in the summer months with patients coming in with burns, ankle sprains and wrist fractures.
"We have a very experienced nursing team here and there are several fractures and dislocations that the nurse practitioners can manipulate and we work closely with the x-ray department at Cromer Hospital."
You may also want to watch:
The nurse-run service is open seven days a week from 8am to 7.45pm.
- 1 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 4 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 5 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 6 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 7 Plastic fork firm redundancies blamed on supermarket ‘greenwashing’
- 8 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 9 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
- 10 Home baker opens first shop after business 'snowballed' in lockdown