Independent investigation published on care given to Norfolk schizophrenic
An independent investigation into the care given to a paranoid schizophrenic who killed and decapitated his friend is being released today.
Garnet Hooper, 54, was detained indefinitely in a secure hospital after he pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of Mr Rayner in 2006, on the grounds of diminished responsibility.
At the time of the incident the patient was under the care of Norfolk and Waveney Mental Health Trust (NWMH).
NHS East of England commissioned an independent investigation which is being published today.
You may also want to watch:
Check back on this website for updates on this story.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 6 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 7 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 8 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 9 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 10 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival