Hospital fundraisers shortlisted for reward recognising their work
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2008
The efforts of hospital fundraisers will be recognised in a special ceremony at the annual general meeting of the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (NNUH).
This year's AGM will also have a focus on the NNUH cancer strategy covering the next five years, as well as an update on Cromer Hospital, and a review of performance over the previous year.
This is the second year that the Inspirational Fundraising Awards have been held and this year 17 individual and company fundraisers have been shortlisted.
John Fry, chairman of NNUH, said: 'Our hospital charity is supported by staff, patients and the wider community.
'The awards recognise and honour just some of the amazing people who have helped the charity.'
You may also want to watch:
Louise Cook, fundraising manager, added: 'We are very fortunate to have such a committed and talented group of people supporting us and enhancing the service we can provide to patients across Norfolk and Waveney.
'We wish we could recognise everyone who helps the hospital charity.'
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 5 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 6 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 7 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 8 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
- 9 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 10 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
The following people and companies have been shortlisted for an award and invited to attend the AGM:
• Young Fundraiser of the Year 2017: Perry Cooke, and Georgia Stallard.
• Inspirational Fundraiser of the Year 2017: Philip and Christine Greenacre, Andrew McCullough, Veronica Rose, and Mike Wallace.
• Inspirational Fundraising Team of the Year 2017: Julie Sapey (B&B Ball), Norwich High School, Onesie Walk, and the White Horse Pub in Cromer.
• Inspirational Fundraising Company of the Year 2017: Brandbank, Grant Thornton, and Marks and Spencer at Longwater, Norwich.
• Inspirational NNUH Staff Fundraiser of the Year 2017: Cromer Hospital Crest Cycle, Head and Neck Cancer Team for HANC, Hilary Turnbull, consultant in gynaecology oncology, and Waldemar Bartosik, consultant in thoracic surgery.
The AGM will be held in the hospitals's Benjamin Gooch Lecture Theatre Level 1, East Atrium, from 4.30pm on Monday, September 25.
• For more information about fundraising for NNUH, email firstname.lastname@example.org