Holiday healthcare heroes: The cleaner who goes the extra mile for patients and staff
- Credit: NCHC
Throughout advent, we're highlighting those who work hard throughout the year - and at Christmas - to keep Norfolk and Waveney's health service ticking over.
This countdown of those we count on will focus on a different person or individual every day up until Christmas, celebrating our healthcare heroes.
John Hector, cleaner on Alder Ward, Norfolk Community Health and Care Trust (NCHC)
John is an integral part of Alder Ward.
He not only takes pride in his job and does a fantastic job of keeping the ward clean and tidy but he also is really a huge part of the team.
You may also want to watch:
Nothing is ever too much trouble for him and he often goes the extra mile for patients and staff alike.
He is always positive, friendly and builds a great rapport with the patients due to his compassion for others, making them laugh and encouraging them which is so important.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 6 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 7 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 8 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
Colleagues said: 'He works so hard and always brightens up the ward with his laughter and friendliness and the sweets he brings us.'
He is always supportive of staff on all levels and makes the effort to get to know and support every member from bank staff and students to permanent staff.
He is highly thought of by all and will always help if he can.
Colleagues added: 'John is the definition of an unsung hero and deserves recognition for his hard work, commitment, dedication and positivity. Alder Ward would not be what it is without him and we appreciate him more than words can say.'
• To read about other holiday health heroes, click on a door on the advent calendar above.