Holiday healthcare heroes: Spreading the word of NHS careers and apprenticeships
- Credit: NCHC
Throughout advent, we're highlighting those who work hard throughout the year - and at Christmas - to keep Norfolk and Waveney's health service ticking over.
This countdown of those we count on will focus on a different person or individual every day up until Christmas, celebrating our healthcare heroes.
Mark Adeney, ward manager at Alder Ward, Norfolk Community Health and Care Trust (NCHC)
Mark Adeney is a real asset to the trust, because of his infectious leadership style and his enthusiasm in supporting individuals to pursue their career within the NHS.
He takes his leadership style into schools, presenting at events to enthuse young students about a possible career or apprenticeship within healthcare and he is always willing to encourage candidates, regardless of background or personal circumstances.
You may also want to watch:
He takes the time to listen to each individual candidate, to understand their story and to see where they are best placed on his ward.
Mark also integrates with other teams within the trust, to share concepts and to make things happen positively. Mark strongly believes in the benefits of supporting a workforce with a variety of backgrounds and talents to not only deliver the highest quality of patient care but also to grow and develop the team in their understanding and outlook.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 9 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 10 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
• To read about other holiday health heroes, click on a door on the advent calendar above.