Holiday healthcare heroes: ‘My passion is enabling older people to continue to live life fully’
- Credit: NNUH
Throughout advent, we're highlighting those who work hard throughout the year - and at Christmas - to keep Norfolk and Waveney's health service ticking over.
This countdown of those we count on will focus on a different person or individual every day up until Christmas, celebrating our healthcare heroes.
Victoria Braid, senior physiotherapist at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
'I am a senior physiotherapist and currently physiotherapy operational lead for older people's medicine (OPM). I also hold the role of clinical lead for OPM outpatients' clinic and I am privileged to be part of NNUH team.
'My current role is mainly admission prevention, working within the multi-disciplinary team in the Older People's Medicine Outpatient Clinic. This means that I work with other professions like occupational therapy, nursing and medicine to plan the best care for our patients. The NNUH recently launched the new Older People's Assessment Service (OPAS) meaning that all staff working here have special interest and skills in dealing with older patients.
You may also want to watch:
'I trained and was working as a physiotherapist in Nigeria before moving to the UK in 2004. I successfully registered with the Health Professions Council and got a job as Senior Rotational Physiotherapist at NNUH within the Medical and Surgical rotation in 2006.
'My passion is enabling older people to continue to live life fully and as independently as possible. Part of my role involves working with patients' families or carers to help them understand assessments and the patient's goals. This allows me to work with the people close to the patient to ensure the best outcomes for them.'
- 1 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 2 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 3 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 4 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 7 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 8 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 9 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 10 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
• To read about other holiday health heroes, click on a door on the advent calendar above.