Holiday healthcare heroes: A 40-plus year career in the NHS
- Credit: NCHC
Throughout advent, we're highlighting those who work hard throughout the year - and at Christmas - to keep Norfolk and Waveney's health service ticking over.
This countdown of those we count on will focus on a different person or individual every day up until Christmas, celebrating our healthcare heroes.
Christine Hawkins, matron for palliative care, Norfolk Community Health and Care Trust (NCHC)
Christine has worked within the NHS for 40 years plus and has always put patients at the centre, dedicating her nursing career to improving patients' and families' experiences.
She has worked within inpatients, community, walk-in centre, prison service and recently her later years have been working within palliative care where she has played a leading role in developing the palliative care services whilst working with key stakeholders to grow the service.
You may also want to watch:
She will spend time talking and supporting staff, empowering them to grow. Christine is a leader, a clinician a manager, and above all a nurse who has dedicated her career to enriching the lives of patients, their families, and enabling staff to grow in their chosen health care field.
• To read about other holiday health heroes, click on a door on the advent calendar above.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 5 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 8 Can you spot yourself at Let's Rock Norwich?
- 9 Concern raised over work on anaerobic digestion plant on outskirts of village
- 10 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks