East Coast Community Healthcare nominated for two national awards
- Credit: Archant
A Lowestoft-based social enterprise has been shortlisted for two national awards.
East Coast Community Healthcare (ECCH) – which provides community health services across Norfolk and Waveney – is a finalist in the UK Social Enterprise Awards.
The company has been nominated in two categories – Health and Social Care Social Enterprise and Employee Engagement at the awards, which recognise businesses making a positive contribution to their community.
ECCH uses surplus resources to benefit the community by offering staff time and funding for additional services.
This year they ran training courses for young unemployed people and free safeguarding training.
You may also want to watch:
They also set up breastfeeding cafes to support parents after cuts were made.
ECCH chief executive Jonathan Williams said: 'Our staff are dedicated to providing the highest quality of services. Their passion for serving our communities and for the organisation itself is demonstrated by their commitment every day.
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 4 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 5 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 6 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 7 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 8 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 9 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 10 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries
'To be finalists for not one but two SEUK awards is the icing on the cake.'