Health club users raise more than £40k for cancer support charity
- Credit: Keith Taylor
Gym-goers and staff at Norwich's Bannatyne Health Club have helped with a nationwide effort to raise more than £44,000 for cancer support charity Look Good Feel Better.
The fundraiser included 67 health clubs across the UK, and the total, £44,632, was a considerable increase on last year's £38,000. Activities included car washing, spin-a-thons, cake sales and waxing.
The money raised means that the Bannatyne Group has now raised more than £100,000 for LGFB. The charity offers free skincare and make-up workshops throughout the UK, to help women combat the visible side effects of cancer treatment.
Justin Musgrove, chief executive of the Bannatyne Group, said: 'Our staff and members always throw themselves into the spirit of Feel Better Week.
'Together we have raised a tremendous amount, which will be spent improving the wellbeing thousands of women battling cancer.'
You may also want to watch:
Next month, five of the Bannatyne Group's directors will be adding to the collective total by completing a sponsored bike ride from Inverness to Eastbourne, stopping at a number of Bannatyne Health Clubs along the way.
Mr Musgrove added: 'Personally, while nervous, I am looking forward to the challenge of the Tour de Bannatyne cycle ride and hope that we can add considerably to the total raised.'
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 6 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 7 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 8 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 9 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 10 Petrol station queues causing rush-hour delays
Lizzie Hanks, corporate relationship manager at LGFB, said: 'We would like to say a very big thank you to all the incredible staff and members at Bannatyne Health Clubs, who this year have raised a record breaking amount during Feel Better Week.
'Clubs across the UK have run, cycled, swum, baked, waxed and even skydived to show their support - raising money that will go directly towards ensuring more people living with cancer are given a much needed confidence boost, when they need it most.
'We're very much looking forward to cheering on the Directors as they take on the Tour de Bannatyne. Thanks to them there will be many more people who benefit from Look Good Feel Better services'
Donations can be made here.