Train services cancelled as passengers stay away amid coronavirus lockdown
- Credit: Greater Anglia
A number of train services between Norwich, London, Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft are being stopped from next week amid government lockdown advice during the coronavirus pandemic.
And ticket office opening hours at Diss and Thetford railway stations are to be reduced.
Greater Anglia says it is taking the action because people are heeding the advice to only travel if absolutely necessary, which is leading to further falls in passenger numbers.
The company says it will allow it to provide core services for essential key workers.
Services between London and Norwich will be reduced to hourly and a number of trains between the city and Yarmouth, plus to Lowestoft will not run.
You may also want to watch:
The cancelled regional services are:
06.52 Norwich-Great Yarmouth
- 1 PE teacher banned after getting drunk and showing her breasts at school prom
- 2 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 3 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 4 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 5 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 6 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 7 Commuter trains halted as Norwich to London line blocked
- 8 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 9 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 10 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend
07.30 Great Yarmouth–Norwich
08.09 Norwich-Great Yarmouth
08.47 Great Yarmouth–Norwich
16.40 Norwich-Great Yarmouth
17.17 Great Yarmouth–Norwich
18.04 Norwich-Great Yarmouth
18.47 Great Yarmouth–Norwich
06.22 Bury St. Edmunds-Ipswich
The Diss ticket office will open from 6am to 10am and from 3pm to 7pm and the Thetford one from 6.45am until 11.15am.
Further details here.
Subscribe to our daily coronavirus newsletter, with all the latest from where you live.