GP Practices in Norwich launch ‘active signposting’ open day
- Credit: CLAIRE RISEBOROUGH
An open day is being held at The Forum on Wednesday showcasing the huge range of care and support on offer from many of the area's community organisations.
Groups such as Minor Eye Conditions Service, Headway, CityReach, Home Improvement service, Joy of Food, Age UK and BigC will be taking part.
All provide services to local people, so the day is a good opportunity to find out more – or even volunteer to help.
The event has been organised by OneNorwich, the alliance of GP Practices in Norwich, which will be handing out leaflets promoting its new 'active signposting' initiative.
Active signposting is about helping patients at GP surgeries get the right help they need the first time.
You may also want to watch:
Practice Manager Gina Titman said reception staff were committed to helping: 'Active signposting is one more way that we in the GP practices in Norwich are trying to help.'
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 6 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 7 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 8 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 9 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 10 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success