‘It was all slimy’ - Man says KFC delivered ‘raw chicken’ twice in one night
- Credit: Archant
A Gorleston man has said he was left “fuming” after KFC delivered uncooked chicken twice to his house in the same evening.
Kyle Muir, 24, ordered the food on Wednesday (June 10) after a “hard day at work” but when he took the skin off the chicken he noticed the skin was pink.
“I thought it might be the marinade, but when I bit in, it was all slimy, and raw,” he said.
A KFC spokesperson has said the chicken was “definitely cooked”.
“We know it doesn’t look the most appealing, but this discolouring is harmless and can sometimes happen when dealing with fresh chicken,” the spokesperson added.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Muir rang the outlet and they apologised and offered a refund.
“But I didn’t want a refund, I just wanted to eat.”
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 3 What each lockdown tier could mean for Norfolk
- 4 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive
- 5 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 6 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 7 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 8 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 9 Which new Covid tier could Norfolk be in?
- 10 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
He ordered a fresh delivery of the same meal but when it arrived and that chicken was also uncooked, he said.
“It was exactly the same,” he added.
He was with his colleague, Luke George, also 24 - both men work at Inside Out Home and Garden.
Mr Muir said: “We were devastated. We had been up since 6am, had a couple of coffees and a sandwich. We were starving.”
He reported the matter to Great Yarmouth Borough Council’s environmental health service.
A spokesperson for the borough council has confirmed its environmental services are investigating a food hygiene complaint received from a member of the public relating to a food business.
Mr Muir said: “It wasn’t just the first time, it was the second time as well, that made me fuming.
“I thought I had to do something about this.
“I asked to speak to a manager but the manager wasn’t there, they would deal with it on Monday.
“I was on the toilets the morning after for 37 minutes, it wasn’t pleasant,” Mr Muir said.