Girl band Vanquish in Taverham
- Credit: Archant
Popular all-girl band Vanquish are set to appear at Taverham High School in support of Norwich-based national eating disorder charity Beat.
Vanquish have joined forces with the charity to promote positive body image in schools across the UK and will be appearing at the school on Wednesday, November 13 at 9.30am.
Since forming in June, Vanquish have already performed to crowds of thousands across the UK. The timing of the tour will also coincide with anti-bullying week, which runs from November 18-22. Bullying can be a key trigger to eating disorders.
Cheryl Armitage, director of fundraising and communications at Beat, said: 'The girls are fantastic role models and through their appearances in schools will be able to help many young people who could be struggling with body image and low self-esteem by delivering Beat's messages on how to deal with these issues.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 7 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 8 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 10 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument