Future of Beechcroft Surgery in New Costessey to be discussed by Norwich South MP Simon Wright
Norwich South MP Simon Wright will meet with the Taverham Partnership tomorrow to discuss the future of New Costessey's Beechcroft Surgery.
The consultation about the surgery's future ends on Friday, May 25. So far around 700 people have given their views, with the majority wanting the surgery to remain open.
Mr Wright, said: 'It is vitally important that the Beechcroft Surgery remains open. I was surprised and disappointed that a consultation over its future was announced at the start of the year.
'The consultation is now coming to an end, and I would strongly urge those with an interest in the future of the Surgery to make that their views are heard over the next few days.
''The Beechcroft Surgery is ideally located to serve the older population in the area and with the planned expansion of the area over the next few years it is essential that local residents have access to medical services close by.
You may also want to watch:
'The meeting will provide me an update with how the consultation has progressed and what the future holds. 'The surgery will continue to be run by the Taverham Partnership until the end of September, and any handover that may take place after that time must be as smooth as possible for the interests of patients.'
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 4 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
- 5 Tzolis poised to complete Canaries switch
- 6 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 7 New landlords hope to serve up Thai food in suburban pub
- 8 City closing in on Werder Bremen striker
- 9 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 10 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate