Furry friends join the Christmas celebrations at Cringleford care home
- Credit: Archant
A care home has welcomed the local community to its first Christmas lights switch-on.
The Care UK team at Cavell Court on Dragonfly Lane, Cringleford, opened the home's doors for a festive celebration and were joined by two donkeys and two owls.
The donkeys, named Fred and Barney, came from Scratby Donkeys, while the owls – Fluke and Shadow –joined from Fritton Owl Sanctuary.
Gladys Marshall, a resident at Cavell Court since it opened in 2015, was given the honour of switching the lights on.
Students from Norwich High School for Girls sang carols and visitors were also able to taste some festive treats – prepared for by the home's head chef.
You may also want to watch:
Kelly Mendham, Cavell Court home manager, said: 'The visit from our furry and feathered friends proved to be a real success and you could see from residents' reactions just how engaged and fascinated they were by the chance to get up close with the donkeys and owls.
'It was fantastic to see the smiles on everyone's faces, and we believe it had real therapeutic benefits for residents – especially those living with dementia.'
- 1 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 2 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 3 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 4 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 7 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 8 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
- 9 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 10 Two people injured in A47 crash
Is your organisation, charity or community holding a special event? Email firstname.lastname@example.org