Funeral company backs county’s upcoming care awards
- Credit: �Archant Photographic 2009
A funeral company has become the latest organisation to back the Norfolk Care Awards by sponsoring an award.
Gordon Barber Funeral Directors, based on Aylsham Road, Norwich, has agreed to sponsor the ''effective co-ordination of end-of-life care' award at the event.
The awards, which take place at Sprowston Manor on February 23 next year, celebrate the best within the county's care sector.
The shortlisted candidates were announced in December.
Rachael Barber, of Gordon Barber Funeral Directors, said: 'At Gordon Barber we wanted to sponsor this particular award because end-of-life care is very important to us.
You may also want to watch:
'As an established funeral business we care for bereaved families, but also place a great deal of importance on respect and care for the deceased and are committed to improving the welfare of all who live in this community.'
There are nine categories in total. They are: delivering excellence through learning and development; effective co-ordination of end-of-life care; excellent person-centred care and support; excellence in delivering dementia care; most supportive employer (student placement); motivational leadership; promoting dignity and respect in everyday life or unpaid carer; rising star; TEAM award (Together Everyone Achieved More).
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 4 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 5 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 6 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 7 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 8 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 9 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 10 Man dumped rubbish at beauty spot after he 'forgot to put his bins out'
Claire Gilbert, one of the event's organisers, said: 'We are excited about seeing all the great practice from across Norfolk.'
As well as Gordon Barber Funeral Directors, the Norfolk Care Awards are supported by Norfolk County Council, Norfolk and Suffolk Dementia Alliance, the University of East Anglia, City College Norwich, Athena Care, Well Careplus, Libby Ferris Flowers, Ashton Legal and Archant.
Have you got a story about the care sector? Email firstname.lastname@example.org