All-day gig returns for neonatal unit fundraiser
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
A family has once again organised a fundraising gig to support the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit which saved the life of their baby.
Harley Tedds, 21, raised £1,262 last year from the all-day fundraiser and now Born2Rock 2019 returns and promises to be a day to remember.
The event on June 8, which will be opened by the Lord Mayor and Lady Mayoress, comes two years after Harley was admitted to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital (NNUH) after developing preeclampsia, five weeks before her due date.
She underwent an emergency Caesarean section and baby Leia was born weighing in at just 3lb 7oz and rushed to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
Miss Tedds said: "I could never thank the hospital's neonatal unit for all they done for me, my family and most importantly Leia in her two-week stay.
You may also want to watch:
"It wasn't as much of a stay as some people have, but I will never forget all they done, I'm eternally grateful."
Now the family wants to support the unit which cared for Leia with the all day event which features One Day Rocket, Back Down or Die and many more.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 8 Do you recognise this man?
- 9 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
- 10 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
Fancy dress is optional with prizes for the best adult and children's costumes and there will also be a children's entertainer, bouncy castle, face painting, Princesses and Star Wars characters, raffle, tombola, ice cream van, food, music and much more.
The event takes place on Saturday, June 8, from noon to 11pm at B2, 496 Sprowston Road, and tickets are £3.50 on the door, under fives are free.
All NNUH staff will receive free entry on presentation of their staff card.
N&N Hospitals Charity head of fundraising Louise Cook said: "We are so grateful to Harley and all her family for supporting our NICU and it's lovely to hear how well Leia is now doing.
"It's going to be a fantastic event and we hope everyone supports it and has a wonderful day."
- To find out more search Born 2 Rock 2019 on Facebook.