Fundraisers for N&N hospital are winners at first awards event
- Credit: Archant
A charity and support group which has raised more than £27,000 for a hospital has been honoured for its hard work.
Norfolk and Norwich Liver Group was one of six winners at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust's (NNUH) first 'Inspirational Fundraising Awards' event.
Its donations enabled the NNUH to buy a portable scanner.
The g roup won the Outstanding Contribution to NNUH Fundraising award, and also picked up a silver award in the Inspirational
Fundraising Team of the Year' category.
You may also want to watch:
Group-member Bill Dingle said: 'We were very pleased to win the award. The scanner measures the stiffness of the liver and if it picks up a prob-lem then doctors will carry out further investigation.
'It has helped a lot of patients.'
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 3 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 4 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 5 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 6 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 7 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 8 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 9 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 10 'We loved our East Anglian holiday so much - we bought the company'
Other award-winners included Claire and Simon Nicholl, the parents whose fundraising was inspired by their baby son, who died just
four days after his birth.
The youngest winner of the night was 11-year old Jasmine Lewis, of Fakenham. She was the recipient of the 'Inspirational Young Fundraiser of the Year' award for helping to set up an event at her school, Fakenham Junior School, that raised £300 for the trust's paediatric rheumatology department.
Louise Cook, fundraising manager at the NNUH, said: 'These awards are all about saying thank you to those inspirational groups and indi-viduals who have given up their time to raise funds.
'We'd like to voice our appreciation for the supporters who are too many to name, but whose help makes a big difference.'