Cat rescue centre in ‘desperate need’ of food donations
- Credit: Archant
A cat rescue centre has appealed for much-needed food donations amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Feline Care, which is based in East Harling and has charity shops in Attleborough and Diss, says it is in “desperate need” of food, especially tinned products.
The shortage has largely been brought about by the COVID-19 outbreak, which has had a significant impact on deliveries in recent days.
The centre was also forced to cancel its Easter open day, its biggest event of the year and a major source of donations.
MORE: ‘Long live the NHS’ - Norfolk cheers and claps for carersFeline Care currently has more than 130 cats in its care and, with several sanctuaries in the area having closed their doors, is anticipating an influx of hungry cats.
It is also short of wood chip cat litter, old towels, thick bleach, kitchen roll, washing up liquid and dishwasher consumables.
Anna Lancaster, who works at the centre, will be at AW Myhills in Attleborough from 9-11am every weekday morning to accept donations, which should be left outside to avoid social contact.
Alternatively you can donate to Feline Care in the following ways:
• Visit Virgin Money Giving
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 4 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 5 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 6 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 7 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 8 Woman arrested after man hit with a broom in city centre
- 9 Norwich independent school named one of best in East Anglia
- 10 PRESSER: Spurs v City - Rashica major injury blow; Normann also out
• PayPal - use email address firstname.lastname@example.org
• Bank transfer using sort code 08-92-99 and account number 65649723, referencing Feline Care
For the latest news, visit the Norfolk Coronavirus Updates Facebook page.
Click here to find out more about the EDP’s Here to Help campaign.
You can also subscribe to our daily coronavirus newsletter, providing all the latest from where you live.