Family donates to Queen Elizabeth Hospital in memory of Welney farmer Stanley “Joe” Goodger
- Credit: Archant
Family has donated more than £2,000 to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in memory of a well-known farmer.
Stanley Goodger, known as Joe, from Welney, had been treated at the hospital prior to his death in November.
Last summer, his son Ken was joined by 150 people in celebrating his 60th birthday with a party which included dodgems along with performances by Teddy's Boys, Vicky Mason and Delta Pilots.
Ken Goodger was joined by his wife Debra and mother Valerie in presenting money to Sister Nikki Whales.
He said: 'My father was a very popular man and we wanted to do something in his honour. People were very generous at the party and we were amazed to raise so much money. I would like to thank everyone who supported us.'
You may also want to watch:
The event raised a total of £4,070 with £2,000 of that being donated to Ward C at Addenbrooke's Hospital in memory of Ian Scarff, who used to work for the family.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 6 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 7 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 8 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 9 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 10 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival