Super slimmer loses more than three stone despite tucking into curries, fry ups and fish and chips
- Credit: Archant
A super slimmer from Fakenham is celebrating after reaching his goal weight despite tucking into food favourites such as curries, fry-ups and fish and chips.
Liam Cooper, who attends a local slimming group in the town every Saturday morning, has lost a total of 3st 5.5lbs - the equivalent of around 21 bags of sugar.
The 27-year-old Slimming World member said he has managed to lose the weight without giving up his favourite foods, confessing that he still tucks into curries, steaks, burgers, roast dinners, fry-ups, and fish and chips, and the odd glass of beer.
He said: 'Like most men I thought slimming clubs were for women and expected to be eating nothing but salad. But the minute I walked through the door I realised that nothing could have been further from the truth. I was made very welcome.
'There's a real mix of people – men and women of all ages - and we have a great time.
You may also want to watch:
'I've learned how to cook healthier versions of my favourite meals like Chinese and fry-ups and every week at group we share new recipes and handy tips.'
Consultant Hollie Webb, who runs the group, added: 'It's great that we're able to celebrate this milestone with Liam and, without doubt, he has dramatically improved his health. That's so important because the latest obesity statistics from the Government show that there are more overweight and obese men in England than women – 65pc of men are overweight or obese compared to 56pc of women.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 9 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 10 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash
'Even though men tend to be more nervous when they first join, they are actually some of the most successful slimmers. Men tend to have more muscle mass than women do and as muscle uses up energy it means that men often lose weight a little faster than women.
'Men also tend to be extremely focused when they start on a healthy eating plan and often see very good weight losses in the first few weeks, which motivates them to carry on and reach their targets quickly.'
To find out more about Hollie's groups in Fakenham and Briston you can ring her on 07816 647140.