Discount store opens early for elderly and vulnerable shoppers
- Credit: Down At The Social
A discount store is opening early to give elderly and vulnerable customers time to shop in a calm environment.
The Original Factory Shop (TOFS) has launched the ‘Golden Hour’, which will see stores in Norfolk, Waveney and across the country open at 8.30am from Monday to Thursday.
Until 9.30am, older customers and those considered vulnerable will have exclusive access.
The initiative, continuing until further notice, has been rolled out following scenes of supermarket shelves being stripped bare amid coronavirus panic.
TOFS has therefore urged other customers to respect the measure and stay away during the first hour of trade.
You may also want to watch:
Emma Fox, CEO of TOFS, said: “For 50 years, our shops have sat in the heart of local communities and we are working hard to look after our customers.
“By offering older, more vulnerable customers an exclusive ‘Golden Hour’, we hope to make them feel safer.”
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
TOFS has branches in the following locations:
For the latest news, visit the Norfolk Coronavirus Updates Facebook page.
Click here to find out more about the EDP’s Here to Help campaign.