Discount store opens early for elderly and vulnerable shoppers
- Credit: Down At The Social
A discount store is opening early to give elderly and vulnerable customers time to shop in a calm environment.
The Original Factory Shop (TOFS) has launched the ‘Golden Hour’, which will see stores in Norfolk, Waveney and across the country open at 8.30am from Monday to Thursday.
Until 9.30am, older customers and those considered vulnerable will have exclusive access.
The initiative, continuing until further notice, has been rolled out following scenes of supermarket shelves being stripped bare amid coronavirus panic.
TOFS has therefore urged other customers to respect the measure and stay away during the first hour of trade.
You may also want to watch:
Emma Fox, CEO of TOFS, said: “For 50 years, our shops have sat in the heart of local communities and we are working hard to look after our customers.
“By offering older, more vulnerable customers an exclusive ‘Golden Hour’, we hope to make them feel safer.”
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 10 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
TOFS has branches in the following locations:
For the latest news, visit the Norfolk Coronavirus Updates Facebook page.
Click here to find out more about the EDP’s Here to Help campaign.