Discount store opens early for elderly and vulnerable shoppers
- Credit: Down At The Social
A discount store is opening early to give elderly and vulnerable customers time to shop in a calm environment.
The Original Factory Shop (TOFS) has launched the ‘Golden Hour’, which will see stores in Norfolk, Waveney and across the country open at 8.30am from Monday to Thursday.
Until 9.30am, older customers and those considered vulnerable will have exclusive access.
The initiative, continuing until further notice, has been rolled out following scenes of supermarket shelves being stripped bare amid coronavirus panic.
TOFS has therefore urged other customers to respect the measure and stay away during the first hour of trade.
You may also want to watch:
Emma Fox, CEO of TOFS, said: “For 50 years, our shops have sat in the heart of local communities and we are working hard to look after our customers.
“By offering older, more vulnerable customers an exclusive ‘Golden Hour’, we hope to make them feel safer.”
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 Which new Covid tier could Norfolk be in?
- 3 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 4 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 5 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 6 Norfolk needs own Covid tier, say MPs ahead of restrictions decision
- 7 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive
- 8 Drivers ‘lucky to walk away’ as cars overturn
- 9 What each lockdown tier could mean for Norfolk
- 10 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
TOFS has branches in the following locations:
For the latest news, visit the Norfolk Coronavirus Updates Facebook page.
Click here to find out more about the EDP’s Here to Help campaign.