East Anglia’s top three care homes are in Fakenham, Hindolveston and Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Cranmer House in Fakenham has been named top recommended care home in Norfolk and the ninth-best in the eastern region. Lyles House in Hindolveston came 14th, while the Broadacres Residential Home in Norwich came 16th.
There are 1,828 care homes in the East of England. Care homes guide carehome.co.uk named its top 20 based on recommendations from residents, friends and relatives of residents.
Davina Ludlow, director of carehome.co.uk, said: 'We felt the best people to say how good a care home really is, are the residents and their families and friends. Their recommendations show the warmth and excellent care that exists in so many care homes.'
Kirsty Sleightholme, manager of Cranmer House care home, off Norwich Road, said: 'The team here at Cranmer House are over the moon at being recognised for the hard work that each and everyone of us puts into running the service. We like to treat all of our clients as if they were our own family and how we would all want to be treated.'
Elaine Cross, manager of Lyles House, said: 'We are delighted and proud to receive this award, we did this with the support of all staff, families of our residents and the continual support from the doctor's and nurses at Holt Medical Practice.
You may also want to watch:
'We are a small family unit of staff and 20 residents promoting their independence as much as possible'
- 1 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 2 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 3 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 4 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 8 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 9 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 10 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk