Downham Market woman is first to have baby on Christmas Day at King’s Lynn Hospital
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Georgie Lowry, 21, from Basil Drive, Downham Market, gave birth to her son Ethan, who weighs 6lbs 8 ounces, on Christmas Day at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, in King's Lynn.
She said: 'It was a bit nerve racking. I was due on January 4 but me and my sister said it would be either Christmas Day or New Years Day.
'It's a bit weird because his dad, Sean Ransome, was born on Christmas Day too. He turns 25 today so it is nice for him. '
Ethan is Miss Lowry's third child and his siblings Summer, 1, and Logan, 4, will be looking forward to meeting their younger brother.
The happy mum and her newborn son were hoping to get home in time for Christmas dinner with their family.
You may also want to watch:
Miss Lowry said: 'Summer will be very excited, I'm not so sure about Logan.
'I'm looking forward to Christmas dinner when I eventually get out of here.'
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 3 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 4 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 5 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 8 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 9 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 10 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans