Youngster inspired by Captain Tom doing 1,000 star jumps for the NHS
- Credit: Archant
When eight-year-old Devon Hampton heard about the fundraising efforts of Captain Tom Moore, he told his mother, Emma, that he wanted to follow in his footsteps.
They soon came up with the idea of Devon doing 1,000 star jumps in one day, raising money for NHS Charities Together along the way.
And on Friday (April 24), the Thetford youngster is attempting to conquer the challenge - between his home-schooling - by doing 100 star jumps every hour for 10 hours.
Having set himself a £100 target, Devon had already received more than £150 in donations at the time of writing.
“Devon saw what Captain Tom Moore was doing and came to me saying he wanted to raise some money for the NHS as well,” said Mrs Hampton.
You may also want to watch:
“He really wanted to help but it’s difficult given everything that’s going on, so this is his way of saying thank you. We are all very proud of him.”
Visit Devon’s Just Giving page to donate.
• For the latest COVID-19 news, visit the Norfolk Coronavirus Updates Facebook page.
• You can also subscribe to our daily coronavirus newsletter, providing all the latest from where you live.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 5 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 6 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 7 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 8 City confirm midfielder exit
- 9 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 10 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children