First look of N&N's breast cancer unit waiting area
- Credit: NNUH
An £800,000 campaign to create a one stop breast cancer unit at the city's hospital has shared the first images of its new reception and waiting area.
The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital charity is now more than halfway towards its total, raising £450,000 for the Boudicca Appeal to provide patients with all the necessary treatment in one appointment.
The current breast cancer unit handles all referrals of suspected breast cancer from GPs – a number which has almost doubled in recent years.
The next part of the work is the unit's counselling rooms for patients.
Dr Arne Juette, consultant radiologist and director of breast screening at NNUH, said: “The next stage of the breast cancer unit will see us invest in enhancing the environment for patients and staff at the unit. Having all these improvements to the expanded breast unit will give patients a more holistic experience in a soothing environment.
The unit will have rooms designed for individual patient use, quiet rooms for privacy and dignity. Extra space will allow for continued improvements to the support we offer patients.”
You may also want to watch:
To support the appeal visit: https://nnuh.enthuse.com/cf/boudicca-appeal
- 1 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 2 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 3 Emergency services dealing with incident at inflatable on beach
- 4 Third time lucky for historic pub's reopening
- 5 Royal Mail postboxes stolen from villages
- 6 Norwich pub's shock after city council refuse outdoor seating bid
- 7 Woman died after crash on way to visit mother's grave
- 8 'We haven't slept': Primark shoppers queue outside city store from 3am
- 9 Extinction Rebellion protesters arrested for smashing Barclays windows
- 10 Dog ban on popular north Norfolk beaches extended