Chance to win £1,900 painting and support new cancer centre
- Credit: Supplied by Samuel Thomas
A painting valued at £1,900 is up for grabs as part of a charity raffle raising money for a new cancer unit in Norfolk.
Cromer Hospital will be the site of Macmillan's new £4.85m cancer centre, set to open in September.
Norfolk artist Samuel Thomas has offered up his own artistic talent as part of a raffle which hopes to raise £5,000 for new equipment for the unit.
The 90x90cm original painting depicts a warm sunset over Cromer, with the seafront and pier taking centre stage.
Mr Thomas, who lives in Norwich but grew up in the north Norfolk town, said: "I still have a lot of family living in Cromer so it’s a place I have a strong affinity for.
You may also want to watch:
"Cancer is something which affects one in two people in their lifetime so it is something that is going to have an effect on all of us."
The raffle runs until August 31. Find out more: www.cromercommunityhospitalfriends.co.uk.
- 1 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Do you recognise this man?
- 5 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 6 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 7 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 8 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 9 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs