Cromer Minor Injuries Unit set to reopen later this month
- Credit: Archant
The minor injuries unit (MIU) at Cromer and District Hospital is set to reopen later this month, it has been announced.
The unit was closed in January, when staff, including 10 emergency nurse practitioners from Cromer, were redeployed to support the emergency department at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital during the peak of the second wave of the pandemic.
Now, as part of the restoration of services across the NNUH NHS Foundation Trust, the Cromer MIU will reopen on Monday, March 29.
Alice Richardson, emergency department matron, said it has been "amazing" to have the Cromer MIU team supporting the emergency department.
She said: "They have been working in their scope of practice working in a different environment and have adapted really well.”
You may also want to watch:
Cromer MIU will be open seven days a week, 8am to 7.45pm from March 29. Anyone who is unsure if Cromer MIU is the best place for their healthcare needs should call 01603 646230.
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 4 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 5 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 6 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 7 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 8 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer