Symptom-free Covid testing sites set to open in Thetford
- Credit: PA Images
A pair of symptom-free coronavirus testing sites are opening in Thetford.
Tests are being made available to those not suffering from symptoms of Covid-19 at two locations this month.
The first was launched on Tuesday (May 18) at the Sainsbury's car park on London Road, and will remain open until May 22 with opening hours of 8am to 8pm.
On Tuesday, May 25, a second site with the same hours will open at the Kilverstone Tesco car park, staying available until May 29.
Those who would like to can pick up a lateral flow test from either of the centres at a time of their choosing.
Around one in three people infected with Covid-19 are asymptomatic.
Those with symptoms - a high temperature, new continuous cough, or a change to sense of smell or taste - should instead book a test by visiting nhs.uk/coronavirus or calling 119.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 4 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 5 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 6 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 7 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 8 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 9 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
- 10 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK