Coronavirus: Region’s hospital staff in need of shower gel donations
- Credit: Archant
With doctors, nurses and other health workers facing up to COVID-19, frontline hospital staff are taking showers before heading home from their shifts.
But toiletries including shower gel and shampoo are increasingly in short supply, prompting pleas for donations on social media.
Deborah McCloud, from Thetford, was among those to respond and utilised her position as an Avon representative to do her bit.
MORE: Hundreds donate laundry bags for contaminated hospital uniform“Initially I saw a plea from a nurses at West Suffolk Hospital (WSH), who said it had been wonderful to receive things like Easter eggs, but what they were really desperate for was shower gels,” said Mrs McCloud.
“I thought ‘how can I get my customers involved?’ So I messaged them all asking for donations of £1 and soon I’d raised £325.”
Mrs McCloud placed a huge order of toiletries and has since donated them to West Suffolk and Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals, as well as fire and ambulance stations in Thetford.
You may also want to watch:
To donate, contact Mrs McCloud by calling 07842233165 or email debmcmail.yahoo.com.
For the latest COVID-19 news, visit the Norfolk Coronavirus Updates Facebook page.
You can also subscribe to our daily coronavirus newsletter, providing all the latest from where you live.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 5 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 6 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 7 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 8 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 9 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 10 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'