Coronavirus: UK total rises by 643 as 144 now confirmed to have died from virus
- Credit: Getty
More than 3,000 people have now tested positive for the coronavirus.
An additional 643 cases have been confirmed over the course of 24 hours, taking the total in the UK to 3,269 confirmed cases.
Wednesday saw the largest overnight jump with an increase of 676.
As of 9am on Thursday, the Department of Health (DoH), said 64,621 people have been tested in the UK, of whom 61,352 were confirmed negative and 3,269 were confirmed positive.
Thursday recorded the most tests carried out in 24 hours, up from 5,779 to 8,360.
You may also want to watch:
The latest figures also show as of 1pm that 144 people have now died after testing positive for the virus.
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 3 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 4 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 5 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 8 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 9 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety
- 10 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash