Daily Norfolk Covid cases below 100 for first time in three weeks
- Credit: PA Images
The number of coronavirus cases in Norfolk has gone down to double figures in a day for the first time since the start of this month.
Public Health England (PHE) figures have revealed that on November 15 there were 99 positive cases recorded in the county.
The last time cases were in double figures was on November 1 when there were 78 cases in Norfolk.
But the PHE figures show a continual rise in the rate of infection per 100,000 people in the seven days up to November 15, compared with the seven days up to November 8, across most of Norfolk and East Suffolk.
The only two areas where there was a decrease in the rate of infection was Great Yarmouth and Mid Suffolk.
MORE: Almost 600 extra Covid cases recorded in Norfolk and Suffolk by mistakeIn Yarmouth the rate of infection per 100,000 dropped from 196.3 in the seven days to November 8 to 167.1 in the seven days to November 15, which related to 166 cases compared with 195.
You may also want to watch:
In Mid Suffolk the rate of infection was 53.9 from 74.1 in the same time periods.
The infection rate and case numbers for other areas are:
- 1 Part of A47 closed after crash between pedestrian and lorry
- 2 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- 3 Never mind Santa's sleigh... how about a Christmas combine harvester?
- 4 Revealed: Coronavirus vaccine hubs in Norfolk
- 5 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 6 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 7 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 8 Saver menus and pizzas - how pubs are opening under 'substantial meal' rule
- 9 Man hit by lorry on A47 rushed to hospital with serious injuries
- 10 'More substantial than a Scotch egg': Pub creates the 'Botched egg'
123.6 from 97.2
173 cases up from 136
144.5 from 136.1
189 cases up from 178
King’s Lynn and West Norfolk:
135.4 from 123.5
205 cases up from 187
64.9 from 47.7
68 cases up from 50
139.4 from 102.4
196 cases from 144
208.7 from 116.4
294 cases from 164
The number of cases in Norfolk in the seven days up to November 15 was 1,291 compared with 1,054 the previous seven days.
The infection rate in England went up in the seven days up to November 15 was 265.5, compared with 261.4 the previous seven days.