Daily Norfolk Covid cases below 100 for first time in three weeks
- Credit: PA Images
The number of coronavirus cases in Norfolk has gone down to double figures in a day for the first time since the start of this month.
Public Health England (PHE) figures have revealed that on November 15 there were 99 positive cases recorded in the county.
The last time cases were in double figures was on November 1 when there were 78 cases in Norfolk.
But the PHE figures show a continual rise in the rate of infection per 100,000 people in the seven days up to November 15, compared with the seven days up to November 8, across most of Norfolk and East Suffolk.
The only two areas where there was a decrease in the rate of infection was Great Yarmouth and Mid Suffolk.
MORE: Almost 600 extra Covid cases recorded in Norfolk and Suffolk by mistakeIn Yarmouth the rate of infection per 100,000 dropped from 196.3 in the seven days to November 8 to 167.1 in the seven days to November 15, which related to 166 cases compared with 195.
You may also want to watch:
In Mid Suffolk the rate of infection was 53.9 from 74.1 in the same time periods.
The infection rate and case numbers for other areas are:
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 5 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 6 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 7 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 8 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
123.6 from 97.2
173 cases up from 136
144.5 from 136.1
189 cases up from 178
King’s Lynn and West Norfolk:
135.4 from 123.5
205 cases up from 187
64.9 from 47.7
68 cases up from 50
139.4 from 102.4
196 cases from 144
208.7 from 116.4
294 cases from 164
The number of cases in Norfolk in the seven days up to November 15 was 1,291 compared with 1,054 the previous seven days.
The infection rate in England went up in the seven days up to November 15 was 265.5, compared with 261.4 the previous seven days.