Norwich care home to hold coffee morning for Macmillan
- Credit: Archant
A Cringleford care home is asking people to join them for coffee, cake and a chat to raise funds for Macmillan Cancer Support.
From 10am to 4pm, on Friday, September 28, Care UK's Cavell Court on Dragonfly Lane is taking part in the World's Biggest Coffee Morning and hopes local people will join them in supporting the millions of people facing cancer in the UK.
Residents and visitors will be able to enjoy a relaxing day sharing a drink with friends, along with a tempting selection of homemade cakes and treats – all of which will be available for a small donation to Macmillan.
Every year Macmillan organises the World's Biggest Coffee Morning in kitchens, offices and village halls across the globe to fundraise for people living with cancer. Since the very first coffee morning in 1990, over £200m has been raised for the charity, enabling it to support individuals from diagnosis, through treatment and beyond.
Home manager, Jennie Rodger, said: 'We understand how cancer impacts the lives of not only the people battling the illness themselves, but also the lives of all those around them – a sad reality which many of us know far too well.
You may also want to watch:
'Taking part in the World's Biggest Coffee Morning provides us with an opportunity to show our support to the fantastic Macmillan nurses and give thanks for all of the incredible work they do. It also creates a lovely occasion to invite local people, family and friends to join us for a cuppa and a catch up while raising funds to support the vital services provided by Macmillan. It's set to be a great event and we hope to see lots of people from the community here on the day.'
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 4 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 7 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 8 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries
- 9 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub