Teenager dies after being taken ill at Castle Mall shopping centre in Norwich
- Credit: SOPHIE WYLLIE
A teenager has died after suffering a medical emergency at a busy shopping centre in Norwich.
Ambulance crews and firefighters were called to the Castle Mall shopping centre in Norwich just before 12.30pm yesterday.
An East of England Ambulance Service Trust spokesman said medics were on the scene within five minutes to treat the youngster, believed to be in his late teens,
He was treated at the scene before being taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital where he later died.
Staff and shoppers were asked to leave the building as the emergency services were called so the teenager could be treated safely.
You may also want to watch:
People were let back inside just after 1pm.
An employee from Poundland, who did not want to be named, said the boy fell ill outside the store on level two of the shopping centre.
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 6 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 7 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 8 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 9 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
- 10 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
A member of staff at the Castle Mall would not comment on the incident.