Carers Information Day offers support to those who care
- Credit: CLAIRE RISEBOROUGH
Carers can often feel isolated and not know where to turn but an event at The Forum hopes to offer support.
Carers Information Day is being run by Care for Carers and allows those who look after a loved one the chance to meet people who will offer help, information and advice.
The event is not just for carers as it offers support to ex-carers, older people and those who may be feeling lonely.
At the event will be a host of Norfolk and Norwich charities and support groups such as Macmillan Cancer Support, Age Uk Norwich and Carers Matter Norfolk.
Care for Carers started in March 2007, it is run completely by volunteers. Chairman Peter Rowley said: 'We call it a Carers Information Day but we are able to help so many people, we really have something to help anyone with any problem.'
You may also want to watch:
Carers Information Day is on Monday, June 11 from 9am till 3pm.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 9 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 10 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk