Care home near Norwich named one of the best in the region thanks to resident reviews
- Credit: Archant
A care home on the edge of Norwich has been named one of the best in the region thanks to reviews from residents and their families.
Brooklands Care Home, in Drayton, was one of the 20 care homes in the east - out of a total of 1,738 - given an award by carehome.co.uk, which reviews care homes.
The award is based on reviews of homes written by residents, their friends and relatives.
The homes are rated on facilities, care, cleanliness, food and drink, staff, activities, management, safety, rooms, security and the dignity provided to residents.
One of the reviews for Brooklands said: 'I cannot imagine anywhere that would have kinder, more caring staff at every level. There is always a friendly, homely atmosphere with lots of laughter amongst staff and residents.'
You may also want to watch:
Davina Ludlow, chairman of carehome.co.uk, said: 'It is such an achievement to be recognised for being a top-rated care home by the very people you care for. '
- 1 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 4 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 5 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 6 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 7 Plastic fork firm redundancies blamed on supermarket ‘greenwashing’
- 8 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
- 9 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 10 Home baker opens first shop after business 'snowballed' in lockdown