Coronavirus: Blood donors needed now more than ever, NHS says
- Credit: Archant
Blood donors are needed now, more than ever - that is the message from the NHS.
People are being urged to continue donating blood if they are fit and healthy during the coronavirus outbreak.
An NHS Blood and Transplant spokesperson said: “We’ve put extra safety measures in place and safety is always our number one priority.
“We’re now doing extra cleaning and this week we’ve started triaging everyone who arrives so only people with no risk factors can enter the donation area.
“We need them to know that our sessions and donor centres are still open and that travel to a blood donation sessions is essential for the NHS. Blood donation is a reason to do something amazing. Blood donation saves lives.”
You may also want to watch:
To make appointment to donate or for more information, call 0300 123 23 23, download the NHS Give Blood app or visit www.blood.co.uk
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 What each lockdown tier could mean for Norfolk
- 3 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive
- 4 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 5 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 6 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 7 Drivers ‘lucky to walk away’ as cars overturn
- 8 Which new Covid tier could Norfolk be in?
- 9 Norfolk needs own Covid tier, say MPs ahead of restrictions decision
- 10 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman