Coronavirus: Blood donors needed now more than ever, NHS says
- Credit: Archant
Blood donors are needed now, more than ever - that is the message from the NHS.
People are being urged to continue donating blood if they are fit and healthy during the coronavirus outbreak.
An NHS Blood and Transplant spokesperson said: “We’ve put extra safety measures in place and safety is always our number one priority.
“We’re now doing extra cleaning and this week we’ve started triaging everyone who arrives so only people with no risk factors can enter the donation area.
“We need them to know that our sessions and donor centres are still open and that travel to a blood donation sessions is essential for the NHS. Blood donation is a reason to do something amazing. Blood donation saves lives.”
You may also want to watch:
To make appointment to donate or for more information, call 0300 123 23 23, download the NHS Give Blood app or visit www.blood.co.uk
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park