Bishop blesses Cloth of Kindness at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
- Credit: NNUH
The Bishop of Norwich visited the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital on Friday where he took part in a ceremony at the hospital chapel.
During the service, the Rt Rev Graham James blessed the Cloth of Kindness – a cloth which was created by patients, their carers and staff at the hospital.
Before the service, the Bishop visited some of the wards and chatted with patients.
The Cloth of Kindness was inspired by one made by Sally-Anne Lomas, and the artist led the contemplative arts project at the NNUH. Sally-Anne led the Stitching with Compassion workshops in the hospital chapel with those who wished to help create the cloth. More than 70 pieces were completed with one crafted in America and another written in French.
NNUH Chaplain Eleanor Langan said: 'This stunning piece of work illuminates our chapel. Every patch is precious. Each piece has a message about compassion, a definition or a story. It shows how simple acts of kindness can make a huge difference, especially when life is difficult.'
You may also want to watch:
The stitching workshops are continuing until July 28th and taking place in the chapel every Friday from 2pm until 4pm
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 3 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 4 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 7 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 8 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 9 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back