Can you sign up to 40 day fundraising fitness challenge?
- Credit: Archant
Get fit and fundraise at the same time as part of a home-based fundraising campaign to support people in Norfolk and Waveney living with cancer.
Big C is calling for people to sign up to do take on its “Challenge 40” fundraiser which sees participants challenged to do 40 minutes of exercise for 40 days from the comfort of their own home or using their ‘once a day’ exercise outside, in line with government advice.
As it marks its 40th anniversary this year, the charity wanted to find away to continue raising funds as many of its planned events have been postponed due to the coronavirus outbreak.
Challenge 40 runs from April 1 to May 31 and each participant is asked to pledge a £10 donation alongside their fundraising.
Read more: Appeal for birthday messages for Daisy, 9, as she self-isolates away from mumCarole Slaughter, head of fundraising at Big C, said, “We are all living in uncertain and changing times and many of our spring and summer fundraising events have had to be postponed. We have therefore launched a new fundraising initiative which reflects the current situation and we’re asking our army of amazing supporters to raise funds for us in a different way. This is important now, more than ever, for those with a cancer diagnosis already facing enormously challenging circumstances and now experiencing increased anxiety and worry due to coronavirus.
“We also hope it might be a fun focus for people spending much more time than usual at home! We do however know that times are tough for many currently and therefore we are asking for a £10 donation, with the option of also enlisting the support of friends and family to raise a little more. Any amount will make a big difference to those locally affected by cancer.
Read more: Foodbanks thank public for continued generosity amid virus“We’d urge everyone to take part and focus on keeping fit, while supporting Big C to continue providing vital care and support for those people affected by cancer during these challenging times.”
You may also want to watch:
“Big C is committed to everyone’s safety and health during the Coronavirus outbreak. Please follow government guidelines around social distancing and specific advice if you are in a vulnerable group. Please only go out once a day to do your 40 minutes exercise.”
Visit Big C’s website here to pledge your support and a £10 donation.
• To see the offers of kindness being made by people in Norfolk amid the pandemic, join our Facebook page here.
- 1 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 2 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 3 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 4 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 5 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 6 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 7 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 8 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 9 Family told baby with half a working heart has weeks to live
- 10 Woman on soft-food diet 'forever' after attack by kick-boxer partner